DPF Preventive prevents an increase in fuel consumption, loss of power and expensive replacement of parts caused by filter ‘clogging’ and the resulting build up of exhaust gas accumulates in the engine.
In order to reduce emissions and comply with International environmental regulations, the Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) has been introduced to remove soot from the exhaust gas of diesel engines which is caused by the incomplete combustion of the fuel.
The problem is that ash and contaminates build up on the surface of the filter and will eventually clog the pores there by reducing it’s efficiency. The ‘clogging’ will eventually cause a significant increase in NOx emissions and fuel consumption. Regular filter maintenance is therefore necessary.
Many diesel engines equipped with a DPF are equipped with an automatically regeneration program consisting of the injection of more fuel into the engine to achieve a higher combustion temperature and therefore destroying the buildup of particles.
However this might also result in un burnt fuel mixing with engine oil in the lower part of the engine and thereby causing damage. Furthermore, such regeneration is frequently impossible as a lot of cars are used in city and traffic where the necessary temperature to burn off the clogging particles is rarely reached.
The solution, Bardahl DPF Preventive will:
- Lower the combustion temperature to destroy soot: diesel particulates normally burn when temperatures above 600°C are attained. But by the time they get to the filter, temperatures are down to 300-350°C which leads to the accumulation of un burnt deposits on the filter. Due to it’s active ingredient, this product reduces the temperature at which particulates will burn thereby removing the buildup of contaminate in the filter.
- Stops filter clogging due to the accumulation of soot.
- Avoids damage to specific components which allow the burning of noxious particles.
- Prevents an increase in consumption, loss of power and expensive replacement of parts caused by filter ‘clogging’ and the resulting build up of exhaust gas accumulates in the engine.
- Burns and destroys soot build up inside the filter.
- Extends life span and good functioning of the particulate filter.
Directions for use
Pour DPF additive into the fuel tank, approx 15 liters fuel. Best advice; treatment should be done once a year.
Related filesProductsheet_3612-EN SDS_3612_DPF Preventive
more products for Diesel additives
- Diesel Injector Cleaner
- Calibration Fluid Diesel
- Diesel Anti Bacteria
- Grotamar 71
- Common Rail Diesel Injector Cleaner
- Diesel Injector Cleaner
- Cetane Booster
- Professional particulate filter cleaner
- EGR Valve Cleaning KIT
- Diesel Antifreeze
- Turbo Cleaner
- Diesel Conditioner (BDC)
- Fuel Water Remover
- Pro Cleaner Diesel
- DPF Cleaner